Books mentioned in Lingua Franca are available at these independent bookstores:
- Poetry, Fiction, Criticism, Theory, Philosophy, Anthropology, More...& More
3158 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Word is Seed
independent & idiosyncratic since 1971
- St. Mark's Bookshop
31 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10003
Phone (212) 260-7853
Facsimile (212) 598-4950
Celebrating our 20th Year!
- Seminary Co-Op Bookstore
The nation's largest selection of university press and scholarly titles in print
- We ship books anywhere
- Visit our website: semcoop.com
- Ask for The Front Table, our free catalog of new & noteworthy titles
- We are located in Chicago near the University of Chicago's main campus. With over 100,000 titles in the humanities and social sciences, we feature the best selection of new academic books in the country. Mail, phone, fax, and e-mail orders are welcome, and our experienced staff is happy to answer questions.
International Out-of-Print Book Search Service for:
E-mail or fax your out-of-print want list to:
Visit our website at: www.booklinks.com
Mailing address: 9976 County Rt. 76, Hammondsport, NY 14840-9628
- University Press Books/Berkeley
Thirty thousand books from over one hundred scholarly presses
- Labyrinth Books
Specializing in Scholarly & University Press Books
- Visit our ground floor devoted exclusively to new releases & journals
- Get lost in our stacks with 100,000 titles on the 2nd floor
- Browse through the largest selection of scholarly remainders & sale books around!
536 W 112th St.
New York City
- "If your book isn't here, it will be."
Book Ordering Made Easy
At Harvard Book Store, we pride ourselves on the depth and diversity of the books on our shelves. We also pride ourselves on the ever-changing and eclectic needs of our customers. So if you can't find the books you need, we can. Our staff is dedicated to you orders. Harvard Book Store customer orders rarely take more than two weeks. In fact, most U.S. books arrive within a few days.
Harvard Book Store
1256 Massachusetts Ave.
- "When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes."--Erasmus
If Erasmus were alive today, he'd be a skinny nudist.
Because Powell's, the world's largest used bookstore, is extraordinarily tempting for book lovers. And to make it even more convenient, we've put our entire bookstore on the internet. Visit our website online and discover the huge selection of inexpensive books, out-of-print books, and titles you may not find anywhere else. Just think how good you'll look with that all-over tan.
- Books for readers who have evolved beyond English...
Schoenhof's Foreign Books
- Coliseum Books
"A Landmark for Book Lovers"
Named by New York magazine "The Best Bookstore in New York"
- Current Hardcovers
- Paperback Specialist
- Art, Music, Film
- Children's Books
- Posters & Greetings Cards
- Literary & Political Periodicals
- Publishers Overstock Additional 10% Off
Open Seven Days & Evenings a Week
We Ship Worldwide
1771 Broadway (at 57th Street)
Order Toll-Free: 1-800-833-1543
- The Local Bookshop You've Always Wanted ... At Home
An online bookshop for the scholarly avant-garde and other theoretically-minded readers.
Offering the best new books with a special focus on titles as they are about to be published.
All books offered will be sold at a discount.
Frontlist is a bookseller with character, an attitude, and a discernible point of view.
For more information visit us on the web or call 800-408-1327
- Lost in the Amazon?
Find your way out with
2.5 Million Titles!
A real bookstore with real service! (From WordsWorth of Harvard Square)
- 75,000 New, Used, and Remainder Scholarly and Academic Titles
The Kenyon College Bookstore
Open 365 days a year, 7:30 am-11:00 pm
Across from the Post Office in Gambier, OH